Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 38 – Wednesday, December 7, 2011


We are half way through the week, which means that I have about two more school days and three days left in Sweden before we head back to the United States. I cannot believe how fast this week has gone and I cannot believe that today is already Wednesday. This morning was a little bit different for me. I did not have to arrive at school until noon, but I decide that I would come in at 10:00 when the other students arrived. Katarina explained that the students would be working on a math pretest in the hour before lunch, so I did not have to come in till noon. I explained that I would love to come to school in the morning. She told me that I could bring my computer to work on my paper for Lennart since we would be watching the students take their exam the whole hour before lunch. So while I sat watching the students, I was working on comparing and contrasting the schools in the United States and the schools in Sweden. My paper for Lennart is slowly approaching the 10 pages, but I cannot wait for the paper to be completed.

After lunch, the students were working practicing for their play that they will be performing next week called Lucia. I am really sad that I will be missing the play, but it was excited watching the students work on the play. Lucia is the church feast day dedicated to St. Lucy and it is observed on December 13th. This is a modern day celebration that is associated with Sweden and Norway. Other countries observe it as well. In the United States it is celebrate where there are a larger number of people of Scandinavian ancestry. Click on the link to learn more about LuciaSt. Lucy's Day

Tonight we are having dinner with Lennart and Yvonne at Yvonnes place. She is making us a dinner while Erika, Amanda, Kim, Sara, and I talk with Lennart about our expreince of being in the school. Since we are unable to attend the day class since we are still in the school this week, they have offered to make us dinner… I wonder what we will be having….

No comments:

Post a Comment