Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 30 – Things I am missing from home…


After today, it means that I have one more Tuesday to spend in Sweden! I cannot believe where the time has gone by! I figured I would create a list of some of the things I am missing from because I will soon be closer to those things!
  1. I miss my family A LOT!
  2. My friends
  3. My kids at school and work, and my colleagues too! I can’t wait to share my experience with you when I get home!
  4. Cell phone – I may have brought my phone and used it like twice to call home, but it’s very expensive to call home and send text messages everyday, so I never used it. I thought one week without cell phone reception was hard in Up North Wisconsin. Try having it for six weeks in the Up North Sweden!
  5. My bed and my blankets – it is way too cold in these rooms and the bed feels like I am sleeping on foam from a pit. Oh wait I am sleeping on hard foam and my blankets do not justify my nice warm bed at home!
  6. Being able to drive. It has been very nice to take the bus and to walk everywhere. Remember walking and the buses are their primary forms of transportation. It takes me 10 minutes to get to school in Lake Geneva. Here I have to take a bus for an hour each way to get to school. My hour-long bus ride in Sweden is a two-hour walk to the school or a fifteen-minute car ride.
  7. Being around to help set up all the Christmas decorations. Yes they are getting ready for their Christmas here in Sweden, but it is not the same as being at home. I didn’t even get to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas the day after Thanksgiving this year because I didn’t bring the movie with me!
  8. I actually miss having a t.v. It is much different when all you have is a computer as your source of technology. Watching a few shows online (if they come through the server of being in another country) is not the same as cuddling up on the couch watching t.v.


Here is just a list of foods that I am missing from home….

  1. Coca Cola is not the same here! There is not as much carbonation or sugar in their drinks!
  2. A nice juicy cheeseburger from a good restaurant
  3. Chipolte, Mongolian Restaurant food
  4. Panera Bread
  5. My mom’s amazing rice hot dish
  6. My dad cooking our steaks on the grill
  7. Homemade chili
  8. Chicken fajitas
  9. Wisconsin cheese – it is NOT the same here. I tried a cheese that the students at Linblommans skola suggested and it tasted just like a block of parmesan cheese but it did not even taste very good on the pasta.
  10. Nachos with either cheese or salsa
  11. Sunchips
  12. Spaghetti – O’s
  13. OREOS!!
  14. Reeses
  15. Being able to go out to dinner and not spending $30 dollars on a meal that doesn’t even leave leftovers. 


P.S. Mom and dad if you are reading this… I hope you remember my list of foods that I would to have when I get home! Love, your daughter.

11 Days and Counting until I am on a plane home!

No comments:

Post a Comment